Yesterday's Movies/Today's Technology



Not much going on today. Feeling a touch under the weather. Enough to keep us home from a Christmas party.

Snuggled in a cozy chair with my soft, cuddly, red furry blanket and a cup of tea.

Watched Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant. Twice.

Bringing Up Baby.

The Philadelphia Story.

Kate and Cary are very funny together. I wish there were more actors like them today. 

And writers. We need better writers. Writers that don't resort to potty, wash-your-mouth-out-with-soap humor. I do not like sitting down to watch a movie and finding I have to turn it off within the first fifteen minutes because of awkward situations or bad language.

I wish that bar had never gotten lowered. 
On the funny side of the street, my dad got an iPhone a few days ago.

He's been crank calling all of us, trying to figure it out. He called me twice one night and couldn't hear me either time. I called him back to find out what was going on.

"Did you just call me?" I asked him.

"Well, I called you twice. But I couldn't hear it ring. So I don't know if I actually called you," he answered.

"It only rang once. And there was no one on the other end so I hung up," I told him.

"Huh. Are the kids home? I was hoping they could answer some questions for me."

But they weren't home. So I had to send him to Sissy and P. Sorry Sissy.

~~~~~~~~~~

Fast forward a couple days and he now knows how to text. Sort of. He's been texting the kids all day.

He hasn't quite figured out auto-correct so K's getting some pretty funny messages from him. I told her she should start her own blog, "Texts My Grampa Sends Me". 

She's been smiling all night. Thanks, Dad.


Comments

  1. "Bringing Up Baby" - I first saw it a few years ago, laughed for two hours straight. I was actually wondering if it could be bad for you to laugh continuously for such an extended period.

    I wonder if I would laugh the same way if I saw it again.

    Try, "My Man Godfrey" with Carole Lombard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I'm loving the "texts from grandpa" idea...I have a similar "texts from grandma" idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment