Take This Show on the Road

Our Knitwits Christmas party was last night. 

These women are insane. Funny. Sweet. Full of love and support and hugs.

We laughed, we sang, we ate, and ate some more. We opened presents. Passed on recipes. A fantastically fun night was had by all.

At least by me.

Except three of us weren't there. Two of those haven't been coming lately. And we're fortunate to see them once every other month. 

But the third missing one is a regular. And she was missed. A lot.
I started bringing small packages for each Knitwit the very first year I went to a Christmas party. 

Party favors. 

Who doesn't like to get a party favor at a party?

This year's package was a linen Christmas dishtowel. And a handmade ornament by yours truly.

I love them. I found the idea on Pinterest and knew I had to make them from some wool sweaters I repurposed after felting.

See? I actually do some of the stuff I pin.
This was what my Secret Santa gave me! 

Matryoshka dolls!

Can you tell how excited I am by all the exclamation points?

Truly, I love these dolls. I started collecting them about twenty years ago, when J was just a little guy. And I don't have any like this at all. And my Secret Santa must have known that. Guess who my Secret Santa was? 

My very own dear friend, M!

More exclamation points.

I suspected her from the beginning. Each gift was absolutely perfect for me. She's such a doll.

Ha. Doll. 

Get it? She gave me dolls. 

I make myself laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Queen brought sheet music to the party so we could have a carol sing. We sat around the dining room table, singing our little hearts out. We sound great. Especially after a glass of wine. Or a cup of eggnog.

We sang half a dozen songs or so, each note getting a bit more wonky as we sang and finally closed with "Silent Night". Only some of us misbehaved.

After singing the first verse, those ill-behaved Knitwits didn't want to sing any more verses. So the Queen said, "Second verse!"

You know what they said?

"Second verse, same as the first!" And broke into "Henry the Eighth" in perfect harmony.

Unbelievable. 

Where else have you heard "Silent Night" and "Henry the Eighth" sung as a round?








Comments

  1. Christmas Matryoshka's! Incredible. I'd love to see the rest of your collection too! I'm feeling very flattered right now seeing my blog in your Inspiration list among such talented and inspirational ladies, thank you. A massive Merry Christmas to you from London, England! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean "Enery the Eighth", right? I love the ornaments you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Elisalex....someday I'll photograph my collection! Maybe this will give me the incentive to get them out and back on display. And I truly enjoy reading your blog. I'm so glad to have found you! Merry Christmas to you and your family from across the pond!

    @Lisa...the ornaments are the best use of a shrunken wool sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, how fun. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Taylor - nope, not my mantel. It belongs to one of the Knitwits. And I agree....it's gorgeous!

    @Val- Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment